It also offers up an appealing platform for spammers and scammers and con artists. Will Google succeed in keeping it family friendly or will they be excoriated as the new hall monitors (no slouching, no kissing, tuck that shirt in)?
And like with all new markets and marketplaces, some “creative destruction” will take place. Who will be negatively impacted?
The Helpout help files and terms & conditions are now online and here are the highlights:
- Google will be providing free phone support for Helpouts
- A transaction fee of 20% will be applied to paid Helpouts.
- Helpouts requires that Providers on the platform pay a transaction fee for each completed Helpout. If transaction fees are not paid according to the Helpouts Terms of Service, access to Helpouts may be suspended or terminated.
- Once you submit a Helpouts listing, it’ll go through an apparently individual review process before the listing is public.
- If you are a providing a medical service (advisory or informational medical services; counseling or therapy services; medical consultation services; or other professional medical services) as a regulated healthcare professional, a third party also will check your certificate or licensure.
- Your listing will be reviewed and Google will contact you to meet you over video to learn more about you, to discuss setting up a Helpouts listing and to make sure your video is working well.
- Third party providers, Infinity Contact, Capita Customer Management, and VXI are apparently performing this vetting service.
- Ask them to send you an email to verify their credentials. Google representatives, like those at these companies, will always have an @google.com email address
- You only need to be 13 to use the product but need to be 18 to offer services.
- Helpouts has a 100% Money Back Guarantee within 72 hours of the end of the Helpout.
- If the Helpout Provider does not issue a satisfactory refund, and the user has complied with Helpouts Terms of Service and policies, Google will issue the refund.
- Google will use the recording of a Helpout to review each 100% Money Back Guarantee request, if you opt out of having your Helpout recorded, you forfeit your eligibility for the guarantee.
- Offering services in exchange for positive feedback or other non-financial compensation or using a listing primarily to gain a social network endorsement from the user is forbidden.
- As are “Scammy, spammy, or otherwise questionable business practices”.
- No whoring, drugs, dares or contests allowed