Google MapMaker is back on line after having been down for several days. What has changed?
The other obvious change is that it no longer is accepting custom categories. What else have you noticed?
Here is the post that Mark mentions in the comments. Not much here. But I have to believe more has changed in the plumbing and the relationship to the local database.
New email settings
- Be the first to know what’s going on in Map Maker or track your edits by checking the email preferences in the Settings menu.
- To Enable email preferences:
Click the gear icon at the top right corner on the viewport.
Select Settings from the dropdown.
From the “Email preference” section, check your preferred options.
Click Save and you’re done.
New message pop-up for disconnected segments
- Sometimes, disconnected roads are created that do not add any value to maps data. To avoid such erroneous additions, you will be prompted to confirm if the new road is actually not connected to any road segment. If you’re sure that such a road exists, you can check “Continue” and add the road.
Temporarily removing the duplicate option while deleting a feature
- In order to do some behind-the-scenes improvements, we have temporarily removed the option “ This feature is a duplicate” while deleting any feature. We apologize for the inconvenience and will update you once it’s back. In the meantime, if you’d like to delete a duplicate, choose the reason as “Other” and mention that you are deleting a duplicate in the “Comments” section.
- Deprecated “Geometric accuracy” from Map Maker
- Continuing our process of streamlining Map Maker with Google Maps, we have deprecated the “Geometric accuracy’ attribute from the Map Maker interface.
Google MapMaker Back Online - What has changed? by Mike Blumenthal