Understanding Google My Business & Local Search
Having Issues with Your G+Local Social Merge? My Advice: Don’t
Googler Jade has posted a tip at the Google for Business forums with resources for solving the issues that might crop up if you are doing a merge (hat tip to Linda Buquet for highlighting this). My recommendation: DO NOT MERGE YET. Wait for Google to fully flesh our their product line and feature sets so you can make an informed decision.
Here is Jade’s post:
Issues with merging the local business/place page in Google+ and the local Google+ page (with reviews)?
- Help! My social local Google+ page (that I made in the local business/place category) has been verified but doesn’t seem to have merged with the correct reviews.
- Submit these pages to be merged as duplicates here, selecting, “There is a duplicate listing that I would like to have removed.”
- The social local Google+ page I made is stuck in verification and still says “In progress” after over a week.
- A handful of pages appear seem to be stuck in verification, and we’re working on getting them out. Sit tight!
- The PIN I received isn’t working.
- Make sure your business location is findable on Google Maps. Go into http://maps.google.com and type in the exact text you have as your address on the page. Make sure Maps can find your location without needing to go through any “Did you mean…?” links.
- Make sure no information on the page is set to “Private.”
- Don’t change any info on your page in between requesting the PIN and entering the PIN.
- Request a new PIN if possible.
- If you can’t request a new PIN, contact support via the Google+ verification troubleshooter.
© Copyright 2021 - MIKE BLUMENTHAL, ALL RIGHT RESERVED.