Understanding Google My Business & Local Search
Google Rolls Out Major Update to Google My Business Guidelines
Google has rolled out a major update to their My Business (ie Places) Guidelines. The new Guideline offers much more concrete examples and clarifies a number of situations particularly multi-practitioner listings and their naming.
Some obvious highlights:
- Descriptors of any sort are NOT allowed
- Categories should be the more specific category and NOT the overarching, general category
- Increased name and category consistency amongst multi location chains
- Two or more brands at the same location must pick one name
- If Different departments are to have their own page they must have unique categories
- Practitioner’s pages, in multi location practices should have their name only and not the name of the practice
- Solo Practitioners only can use the format of Practice: Practitioner
- Virtual Offices are NOT allowed unless staffed. (If they are staffed then they aren’t virtual are they?
© Copyright 2021 - MIKE BLUMENTHAL, ALL RIGHT RESERVED.