Thanks to Chris Reilly of Unleashed Online Marketing for this heads up. Google has posted job openings for Sales Manager and Sales Reps for the Seattle area apparently to focus on “Google’s new Commerce related businesses, such as Google Offers, through large-scale SMB acquisition programs“.
From the Sales Manager listing:
The area: Business Operations and Strategy, Commerce Sales
The Commerce Sales team plays a critical role in growing Google’s new Commerce related businesses, such as Google Offers, through large-scale SMB acquisition programs. Our culture mirrors that of a start-up, as we’re working to create and scale Google’s next billion dollar businesses. We are a group of high-performing, like-minded team players that thrive on individual autonomy, product mastery and operational excellence.
The role: Field Sales Manager, Commerce Sales
As a Field Sales Manager, Commerce Sales, you will not only be responsible for managing Field Sales Reps in a few different markets, but also may be called upon to drive sales while the team is scaling. Your team will be selling Google’s Commerce solutions into the small and medium size business segment. You will develop knowledge of account representatives’ performance, effectiveness, and proficiency through ongoing direct and indirect coaching methods.
- Be responsible for the entire sales process from first contact to close
- Effectively manage sales pipeline and develop a strategy for long-term client relationships.
- Understand the marketing needs of SMBs.
- Present and articulate advanced product features.
- Close sales and achieve monthly targets.
- Bachelors degree preferred and/or equivalent work experience.
- At least 2 years field/outside sales experience, daily deals space preferred.
- Proven success in cold calling and field sales.
- Strong communication skills and ability to secure new clients by presenting customized solutions.
- Strong knowledge of SMBs advertising needs.
- Extremely proactive and organized with a track record of success in a team environment.
- Proficiency with Salesforce.com preferred.